Architectural success is measured by vision and an unwavering dedication to excellence. This axiom was the philosophical birth of Silling Associates, Inc. by H. Rus Warne in 1902. Following Mr. Warne's lead for the past 100 years, Silling today has the proud distinction of being the oldest continuing architectural firm in West Virginia, and one of the oldest in the eastern United States. Throughout, SAI has woven itself into the very fabric of West Virginia, providing planning and architectural services that have touched the lives of virtually every citizen. With an eye to the future and recognizing the need for growth and expansion, Mr. Warne added partners through the decades of the 1920s and 1930s to become Warne, Tucker, Patteson, Silling and Hutchinson, evolving in 1950 to C. E. Silling Associates. Reorganization and incorporation as Silling Associates, Inc. in 1977 resulted in a new name and renewed dedication by succeeding generations who continue to pursue Mr. Warne's perception of excellence.
Our legacy of bettering the lives of West Virginians through the built environment is a commitment we take with much enthusiasm, creativity and hard work. Ours is a practice centered on client service; learning their needs and devoting our energies into producing buildings that exceed their expectations at every level. Our success is evidenced by a reputation throughout the region for clear project leadership, highly detailed documents, and completed works which speak to the values and goals of the client and communities for which they are built.